At Apothecare, our pharmacists are fully trained and knowledgeable in a wide range of vaccine-preventable diseases, and the administration of the related vaccine.
Apothecare Pharmacists are available to administer the following vaccines:
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Td/Tdap; Boostrix®, Adacel®)*
All adults should receive a one time dose which includes whooping cough protection (pertussis). Adults should be revaccinated with a Td booster every 10 years.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox; Varivax®)*
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV; Gardasil®)*
Women under age 26 or men under age 21 may need to receive this series of vaccinations.
- Zoster (Shingles; Zostavax®)*
It is recommended that all adults over 60 years of age receive this vaccine, unless contraindicated.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)*
- Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (Pneumovax 23®)*
Adults 65 years of age or old may need this vaccine. It is also recommended that adults who have certain high-risk conditions receive this vaccine.
- Meningococcal (Menactra®, Menomune ®)*
- Hepatitis A (Havrix®, Vaqta®)*
- Hepatitis B (Engerix-B®, Recombivax HB®)*
*Further screening by the pharmacist will be required to determine your eligibility to receive each vaccination. Availability of the vaccine does not guarantee insurance coverage. Copayment, if applicable, will be required at the time of service.
Pharmacist-administered vaccinations are covered by most Medicare and commercial prescription insurance plans. Contact us today to consult with a pharmacist as to which vaccinations you are eligible to receive. Our pharmacists are available to immunize either at the pharmacy or in the comfort of your own home (by appointment). Why schedule a visit to your doctor for one of these vaccines when one of our highly qualified Pharmacists is just a phone call away!